Commencing Brain Thoughs...3...2...1...

It's a little known fact that due to the nature of electro-magnetism and gravity (very short version) we do not touch anything. Our feet can't actually come in contact with the ground since those particles differ from that of the surface. The electro-magnetic force pushes back at many times greater strength than that of gravity, holding us up away from the opposing particles below. The same is true for any differenciating group of particles on the quantum level. So, your feet don't touch your socks, your socks can't touch your shoes and your shoes don't touch the ground. You're suspended in space, apart from all matter...Spiralling, spinning...And it raises the biggest question..."So...How does lotion work?" http://www.byronevents.net/science/elegant.htm

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Archive - Spiritual, Scientific GleeBahGloben

I started to save Word Docs of my various discussions and rebuttals at various sites. Incriminating evidence? I want it to be clear, unlike most bloggers, posters and Trolls I am not so closed minded as the language may seemingly dictate. Many times, I play Devil's Advocate to inspire a fiery conversation which should technically lead to a larger revelation. We can't move forward without looking back so I offer up some of my challenges and doosie responses in hopes to instigate a good fight and gain growth. Although I do occasionally play DA (That's the DM or Dungeon Master equivalent of Devil's Advocate), I certainly don't abuse it and will not run away to it as an excuse for some of my challenges and attacks...Nor do I play D & D...anymore...I mean I never have...ahem.

If interested, here's a recent volley at CNN's Religious Column:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/04/atheists-explain-flying-ad-campaign/comment-page-15/#comment-543548

I redrafted my statements and will post them here in segments. I thought this was so much fun! Of course for those that root deeply into a one-sided mindset it is very frustrating.

Where do you fit in to all of this? Is it even possible to dissect the subject of science and religion so far down as to get real answers? Does it infinitely dissect because of cognitive limitations or because of absolute simplicity? Where's the proof?

That, to me is the bottom line and goal of each side.

There's an episode of My Name is Earl that seems to depict this rallying, perfectly. Earl is stuck in a prison Hot House with an old nemesis. This guy is on one side of a chain-link fence digging in the dirt like a rabid dog, trying to get beneath it to get to Earl's side to strangle him...Well if you know the epi, the funny thing is all of the things he actually wants to do to Earl BESIDES just strangle him. Anyway, he's digging in the ground like a mad man and Earl, valuing his life is sitting down on the other side pushing the dirt back in the hole in this perpetual frenzy of panic and reasoning.

I absolutely love the mechanism of SciLigious discussions around the web. It reminds me of this scene.

Maybe I can get lucky enough to bring some folks in that can help map out some ideas and bring some insight to this perpetual battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment